Page 1 of 1

ApplePi-Baker v1.9.3 update for MacOS Sierra (beta 2)

ApplePi-Baker v1.9.3 update for MacOS Sierra (beta 2)

ApplePi-Baker has been updated again.

This version addresses a minor issue with MacOS Sierra (beta 2) causing an index out of bound error.
Please report any issues you might run into when running MacOS Sierra, at the original ApplePi-Baker article where you can also download the latest version.

Special thanks to Manuel for testing and sending me the log file .

Donation options

Donations are very much appreciated, but not required. Donations will be used for web-hosting expenses, project hardware or a motivational boost (a drink or snack). Thank you very much for those have donated already! It's truly AwEsOmE to see that folks like our articles and small applications.

Comments

There are 9 comments. You can read them below.
You can post your own comments by using the form below, or reply to existing comments by using the "Reply" button.

• Jul 27, 2016 - 3:48 PM - hikmet Comment Link

tenks

hikmet

• Sep 8, 2016 - 8:43 AM - Mervyn Comment Link

Hi there, I know I’m being dumb but there are 3 separate “download” buttons on this page, none of which actually download PiBaker and the other (non-download) links all seem to go round in circles. Would it be possible to have a single big “Download PiBaker” button on the page which simply does what it says on the tin? It sounds like a great app that does exactly what I need so it would be great to get moving with it. Thanks, Mervyn.

Mervyn

• Sep 9, 2016 - 8:12 AM - hans - Author: Comment Link

Hi Mervyn,

I’d love to improve my website, so any input is taken serious and taken into consideration.
      However, in your case: I can’t find 3 download buttons on this page?
      Please let me know where you found the download links.

The download can be found with the original article, as mentioned;

“Please report any issues you might run into when running MacOS Sierra, at the original ApplePi-Baker article where you can also download the latest version.”

hans

• Jul 27, 2017 - 7:13 AM - Lindsay Comment Link

Basically, there are Google ads right where you’d expect a download link to be. You click on them and end up downloading something else. It’s inexcusable for Google to be hosting ads that pose as download links and hijack the site. Perhaps you can do something about it by having a clear link for the download. At the moment I am searching the page for the word download and am coming up with nothing.

Lindsay

• Jul 28, 2017 - 8:49 AM - hans - Author: Comment Link

Hi Lindsay,

Could not agree more   … I filed several complaints with Google directly and through their feedback forms.
          Additionally I blocked the advertisers that I found myself, but obviously I do not see all of them.
          For me to submit/block I do need the link to the website, so if you do happen to have the link, feel free to reply to the email that notifies of this comment so I can add it.

It is sad that Google allows this … still … in a time where they enforce extra security they still allow garbage like this that can pose a much bigger security risk.

hans

• Mar 17, 2017 - 6:51 PM - mitchell Comment Link

why wont this app find my sd card??

mitchell

• Sep 1, 2017 - 9:22 PM - Barry Comment Link

Hans,

Good evening.   Two items for Apple Pi Baker, 1 is a bug, the other is a request.  The request first.

Now that Raspian has gone into a more secure mode one has to touch /boot/ssh to be able to get it to work in a headless configuration.  Since Apple Pi Baker ejects the disk automatically, I often forget to do this. It probably isn’t necessary for anyone else, but can you put an optional check box of enable SSH and then do that automatically before you eject the SD Card.

I have encountered this bug myself.  Evidently you are writing the last block of the file short.  It gets to an apt-get install problem.  This has benn showing up since July 2017…. here is the link describing the problem, and potential fixes, from what I can understand of it.

regards,

Barry

• Sep 10, 2017 - 2:59 PM - hans - Author: Comment Link

Hi Barry,

apologies for the late response. A visit from hurricane Harvey has added an additional load on my regular work. (All OK here, I got lucky for sure!)

Interesting read! Thank you for the tip – I will try to start playing with this some more and see what I can do to resolve the issue.
      I’m considering a big change for v2.0, so I will make time to include this info and make sure things get even better.

hans

Your Comment …

Friendly request to not post large files here (like source codes, log files or config files). Please use the Forum for that purpose.

Please share:
Notify me about new comments (email).
       You can also use your RSS reader to track comments.

Tweaking4All uses the free Gravatar service for Avatar display.
Tweaking4All will never share your email address with others.