After a long time of waiting, I finally managed to update “Name My TV Series” to version 1.4.1 for Windows, Linux (32-bit) and Mac OS X.
Some of the most important bugs that have been resolved, based on user feedback:
– File renaming under Windows with special characters (accent, etc) has finally been resolved.
– Under Windows and Linux, the use of special characters in the show description works now as well (still show “?” under MacOS X).
– Support for .rmvb video files has been added.
Download it from the downloads page or from the original article.
Ad Blocking Detected
Please consider disabling your ad blocker for our website.
We rely on these ads to be able to run our website.
You can of course support us in other ways (see Support Us on the left).
Your support is very much appreciated, and can be as easy as sharing a link to my website with others, or on social media.
Support can also be done by sponsoring me, and even that can be free (e.g. shop at Amazon).
Any funds received from your support will be used for web-hosting expenses, project hardware and software, coffee, etc.
Thank you very much for those that have shown support already!
It's truly amazing to see that folks like my articles and small applications.
Please note that clicking affiliate links, like the ones from Amazon, may result in a small commission for us - which we highly appreciate as well.
There are 14 comments. You can read them below.
You can post your own comments by using the form below, or reply to existing comments by using the "Reply" button.
Gracias por este programa. Es estupendo.
Glad you to hear that you like to program!
Thanks for the positive feedback
Hi Hans, I am getting the following error message when running the program on Win 8.1 32 bit:
“In stream: (line 1 pos 15): Expected whitespace
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption,
Press cancel to kill the program.”
I have tried to re install and reboot with no success. Any ideas? GK
Do you have a list of the filenames you’re looking to rename, and the TV show name, so I can try to reproduce the error?
(I assume you use the latest version)
HI, I am using the latest version. The moment I enter the show name i.e. “Forever”, the program “analyze the data” and then stops with this message.
Hmm, that’s interesting. I’ve tested it just now with the latest version and it’s just working.
It sounds like the data from TheTVDB or EPGuide is corrupt …
– Are you using TheTVDB, EPGuide, or Both?
– What are your regional settings (ie. Language/Keyboard of your Windows) ?
– What language did you set for “Language (TheTVDB)” ?
– Does this also happen with other words ?
– I am only using the TVDB
– Regional settings = English South Africa, Keyboard US
– I cannot set the language for the TVDB, the box is empty and does not drop down or give me an option
– It happens with all words
– Going via Chrome to the TVDB, I had to enter some text to enter the site. It looks like the site see my PC as a bot. Can this be the problem?
Not being able to set a language for TheTVDB is definitely a problem.
When sending a request to TheTVDB, the wrong (empty) language code will be sent, which will result in no TV show info and therefor cause an error.
Can you start the app, goto preferences and click the “Reset to defaults” button and see if the language selection of the “Language (TheTVDB)” has something in it?
If nothing appears, then for some reason your PC is not retrieving the list of available languages from TheTVDB. Do you have a firewall on your PC maybe that might be blocking traffic from the application?
The content you see in your browser is very likely not relevant for this situation (but it did make me think about this).
I now installed the software on 2 other PC’s in my home, none of which has an aftermarket firewall, except for the normal Windows firewall. One runs Win 8.1 and the other Win 7. All give me the same error message and the language box is clear in all of them. Weird.
That’s awkward,… I will try to find a Win8.1 computer here and see if it does or does not work here. The empty language box is causing the problems for sure … I apologize for any delays in figuring this out.
It looks like I found the problem. It is not the software, the TVDB uses Cloudflare as their security provider. For some or other reason they are blocking my IP addresses. I have contacted the administrators of the TVDB requesting that they white list my IP addresses. Let’s see, I will keep you updated. G
Thanks for posting that George – Good catch!!
Final update. After a long battle, I had to ask my SP to change my public IP address. It looks like the one they allocated to me was blacklisted. Everything is working fine now.
Good to hear that it works now that your IP is no longer black listed!
Also thanks for letting me know ..