If you are a regular visitor, then you have already noticed the “big” changes.
We recently (hence the 3 day down time) changed a few things here at Tweaking4All.
The most obvious changes are of course the look of the website. A cleaner and easier on the eyes look.
With the changes a few things got “lost”, most importantly all the comments that users have placed – and I’m really sorry about that since regular visitors contributed a great deal … my apologies for that.
I hope everybody will enjoy the new Tweaking4All …
When you browse through the pages you will notice most of the changes right away (the visual part) but you might not see some of the new improvements – and I consider that a good thing. Change should not make “new things” become obnoxious …
Look and Feel
I completely started from scratch designing and developing the “theme” – and people that know me personally, know this has taken a lot of iterations.
The main considerations where;
- Pleasant on the eyes – easy to read, modern look.
- Focus on reading an article – increased readability.
- Better editor for comments and forum.
- Responsive design (cellphone vs tablet vs desktop).
Besides the look, new and/or improved functions have been added;
- Forum – After years we have a forum again.
- Messaging – Users can contact each other.
- Downloads – We’re using a better download mechanism.
- Rich Editor – Allowing better comments and forum posts.
- Multi domain – Tweaking4all.com (English) and Tweaking4all.nl (Dutch).
- Retina support – Enhanced icons that stay crystal sharp on Retina screens.
- Responsive – Try it yourself: resize your browser and see what happens!
- Responsive – Mobile users can choose: mobile view or desktop view. It’s up to you.
What did we loose?
Well, this big of a change did come at a price (besides the enormous amount of work);
- We lost the comments …
- Some articles got dropped (outdated) and will be replaced in the near future.
- Links are no longer the same … (which from an SEO perspective sucks!)
Enduser in mind …
In the end I did most of this to enhance the user experience … and I hope you enjoy the new Tweaking4All.
Donations are very much appreciated, but not required. Donations will be used for web-hosting expenses, project hardware or a motivational boost (a drink or snack). Thank you very much for those have donated already! It's truly AwEsOmE to see that folks like our articles and small applications.