Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!
Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.
Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!
Windows XP - How to enable Auto login for Windows XP (no need to enter username or password)
September 20, 2022 7:34 AM
Golden oldie, since I was tinkering with some virtual machines ...
Just posting it here for my own reference (probably will never need it again).
To enable auto login on Windows XP follow the following steps:
- Click Run from the Start Menu
- Enter: "control userpasswords2" (without the double quotes of course) and Click Ok.
- In the upcoming window select the user you want to auto login.
- Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password" and Click Ok.
- A dialog will popup: Enter password for that user and you're good to go ...