Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!
Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.
Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!
macOS X - Fusion Player on Big Sur "does not support nested virtualization"
November 19, 2020 3:46 PM
After moving to VMWare Fusion Player, and updating to macOS Big Sur (11.0.1), I kept getting this error in VMWare:
VMware Fusion does not support nested virtualization on this host.
The fix, as confusing as it may be was "easy" (once you know where to look):
- Open the "Settings" of the virtual machine (⌘E)
- Go to "Processor & Memory"
- Open (unfold) "Advanced Options" (at the bottom of the settings window)
- UNCHECK "Enable hypervisor applications in this virtual machine"
Now start the virtual machine again.
November 19, 2020 3:57 PM
p.s. if you get a "Side Channel Mitigations" error:
- Open "Settings" of the virtual machine
- Go to "Advanced"
- CHECK "Disable Side Channel Mitigations"