Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!
Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.
Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!
How to Burn a music CD in macOS Monterey or macOS Big Sur
February 19, 2022 4:30 AM
You will need an USB CD drive (CDR, CDRW) to be able to burn a CD on a Mac, since modern Macs no longer ships with a CD drive. Plug it in to the Mac before beginning.
- Open the Music app.
- Pull down the File menu and choose New -> Playlist.
- Label the playlist something like “CD” and then create the playlist of songs you want to burn to a CD, you can do this by dragging and dropping music into the playlist, or right-clicking on music and choosing “Add to Playlist”.
- When finished creating the CD playlist, pull down the “File” menu again and choose “Burn Playlist to Disc”.
- Configure it as an Audio CD if you want it to be able to play in a standard CD player, and click “Burn”.
- Insert a blank CD into the CD-RW drive and let your Mac burn the music CD.
Once it’s finished, eject the disc, and you’re ready to play the CD in most CD players.