Page 1 of 1
Forum

Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!

Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.

Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!

Set user defined sa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Set user defined sample rate for ADS1015 while interfacing with Raspberry Pi

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ranjanpal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a current sensor connected to ADS1015 whose maximum sampling rate is 3300sps to measure AC current.

I got some basic idea regarding interfacing ADS1015 by following this link:  https://leanpub.com/rpcanalog/read#lean  ... log-sensor.

However, from ADS1015 I need to save time domain data at fixed number of samples per second preferable at maximum rate of 3300 sps for ADC1015 (in both positive and negative cycles of AC current) so that later on I can analyze the frequency components.

I am using Python to write the codes.

What would be the best way to ensure I get this maximum sampling rate of 3300sps?

So if someone could please explain this how I would go about, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

I wish I could help you with this.

Unfortunately, I haven't done much with the RPI when it comes to projects like this.
The RPI is also, but I could be wrong, maybe not the most suitable for realtime applications, since the OS is not a realtime OS (it is very possible one exists for the RPI of course).
This unlike and Arduino or ESP8266/ESP32 ...

Maybe you can combine an Arduino (to grab the data in realtime) and an RPI (to process the received data).

ReplyQuote

Like what you see and you'd like to help out? 

The best way to help is of course by assisting others with their questions here in the forum, but you can also help us out in other ways:

- Do your shopping at Amazon, it will not cost you anything extra but may generate a small commission for us,
- send a cup of coffee through PayPal ($5, $10, $20, or custom amount),
- become a Patreon,
- donate BitCoin (BTC), or BitCoinCash (BCH).

Share: