In the past few weeks, I have noticed multiple shows are losing episodes. I have used this all season for Young Sheldon, and now the most recent episode listed is S5E11 which is an entire season and a half behind. I have noticed this on other shows too.
I've had the same problem with 2.0.10 on Windows 10.
One recent example was https://thetvdb.com/series/the-executioner-and-her-way-of-life. Rename my TV series was randomly missing episode 6
Another bigger example was https://thetvdb.com/series/ascendance-of-a-bookworm where RMTV would only show half of the last "Season" (TVDB lists it all as season 1 so it was showing the 26-35 or something like that). If DVD was selected and then only part of all three seasons would show up. This was the first time I noticed it happening, so I thought it was an issue with TVDB API. I tried closing RMTV and refreshing the results, but neither worked. Trying it later or waiting a day or two later gave the same results.
I've noticed that RMTV 2.0.10 has issues with long file names and/or paths. I assumed this was because it's 32-bit. The workaround is to move my ripped files to a folder on the root of one of my drives, but this doesn't always solve the issue since some shows (particularly Anime) have really long names and/or episode titles.
EDIT: I've tried the beta (for Windows obviously), which seems to have fixed the missing episode issue.
Also, Thank you for adding other data sources other than TVDB in the beta! TVDB data isn't always the most accurate. They prefer to bend information to fit their system instead of making their system fit the data. For example: creators make 4.5 episode to go between 4 and 5, but TVDB decides that's a special and goes somewhere else.
There's also situations like with https://thetvdb.com/series/ascendance-of-a-bookworm where TVDB decides it's one season while everywhere else has it as 3.
This post was modified 6 months ago by Anonymous