Page 1 of 1
Forum

Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!

Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.

Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!

Just got The Outer ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Just got The Outer Limits (1995) and some episodes will not rename

53 Posts
3 Users
6 Reactions
17.7 K Views
(@locutus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Heay Hans just want to pop in and let you know I just grabbed the new beta and it's running perfectly on Acrolinux, and see how you're doing.

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

Hi Locutus!

Thanks for letting me know its running well on AcroLinux (I had not heard from this distro - so I'm reading up! 😊).
I'm doing fine, it has been a rough past 6 month - My mom was diagnosed with cancer, and we took care of her these past 6 months. She is doing very well in recovering from Chemo and Radiotherapy. Time for me to move on with my own life 😁 

How are you doing?

ReplyQuote
(@locutus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry about you mom, that's never easy. As for me I'm good. As for ArcoLinux yea I wanted a backup OS on my secondary SSD and Garuda just wasn't it. Garuda likes to change things out that work because something else is shinny and new. Not to mention on more than a few thing they force you to do thing s their way. The later is beyond wrong. So my setup is my Manjaro Plasma and ArcoLinuxB whose default desktop is Plasma.  Just finished doing the last touches on Arco yesterday and loving it.  A lot say they have too many distros, but I say with 18 there should be something for everyone. That said I hope you mom does better.  Time for me to boot back into Arco so I can go to their forums and see if I have a reply to a minor issue I did post about. Nothing that breaks the system, just a minor annoyance if not fixed I can live with. Lastly do you have a post or list somewhere that show the differences between the 16 and 17 betas? As always great product.

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

I'm still running Manjaro Plasma for compiling my applications for Linux 😁 
I've gone through quite a few distro's over the years, and each time I run into one that makes me happy ... for a year or so hahah.

I'll take a peek at AcroLinux ... always interesting!

As for the beta changes, I usually post a comment with the details, so for v16 vs v18: link.

In short:

This version addresses a few bug fixes and feature requests.

• Feature request: Windows: Attempt to support long paths (total path max 32768 characters, just the filename max 256 characters)
  • Feature request: Added %TVDBID parameter as option in filename or directory name
  • Bug fix: Capitalize each words. Eg. “L’inferno” (wrong) versus “L’Inferno” (right)
  • Feature request: Enhanced sorting of files (or ruined?)
  • Bug fix: Meta Data – Escape single and double quotes
  • Bug fix: Meta Data – Windows bug fix with quotes
  • Feature request: Meta Data – Added ID’s for TVDB, TMDB, TVMAZE (if available)
  • Feature request:  Meta Data – Make unused comments and unused ID’s blank
  • Feature request: Meta Data – Meta data tags in uppercase
  • Bug fix:  Meta Data – Double episode numbers appearing in new filenames (cause: same show in multiple languages in the database)   

Thanks for the best wishes for my mom 😊 

ReplyQuote
(@locutus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nice to see all the metadata work. As for OS's Manjaro is my main system, but I have 2 SSDs and wanted another Arch based distro on it and I've run Arco before. Like Manjaro it's not over the top on the bells and whistles. I think in your case for a base Linux system you can't really do any better than Manjaro.  You might want to search for info on Valves new Steam Deck that is either just out or about to come out. It's base OS will be Arch based running the plasma desktop. I imagine other than a small hand full of utilities the underlying desktop won't come with too many extras. They are telling devs for the console to install and learn Manjaro to get familiar with the underlying OS of the Steam Deck. Manjaro really has managed to reach quite the user-base. 

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

Cool - yeah, I've been keeping an eye on Steam Deck ... (what a poorly picked name to pick by Valve  🤣  - not to be confused with [Elgato] Stream Deck haha)
Seeing what Valve has done with SteamOS, and working with Proton, makes it very interesting to keep an eye this!
Did I remember this right; Valve calls it SteamOS 3 for Steam Deck?

Right now I literally only use it compiling applications, and Manjaro has proven to be pretty solid.

ReplyQuote
(@locutus)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I don't agree on it being a poorly picked name at all. It's designed to play all all titles on there Steam platform. In my book it's a perfect name choice. As for Manjaro yea I may experiment but ALWAYS end up back with Manjaro, though I tried the Arco again cause I was fairly impressed with it my first go around with it a while back. This install is just as stable and solid as Manjaro. Since I have 2 SSDs I like to have a fallback OS, cause just when you think nothing will break the system beyond repair something does. Even with Timeshift installed and added to the Grub menu. If you decide to test out Arco after install remove hblock once you land on the desktop. As for which ISO to install from I'd suggest ArcoLinuxB cause it's default desktop is Plasma. Also during software selection don't select anything under video drivers(except maybe under additional tools), under kernel section(latestest 5.16 kernel is installed by default), or the desktop selection section. All these are automatically done and selecting any items in them could cause you problems. Personally since you're happy with Manjaro I'd just stick with it. My 2 OSs other than a few under the hood items you really can't tell them apart. The only thing I have left to install in Arco is Emby. I've been a little leery cause awhile back I installed Garuda as my secondary OS and once I installed Emby in it Emby wouldn't work and was broken in Manjaro. I know the Garuda install should not have affected the Manjaro install but it did. I'm pretty sure it was a Garuda issue, but can't be absolutely sure of that. I'll go for now, hope you have a great one and that you mom continues to do better. 

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

Well, for Steam it's a nice name for sure haha ... just a little too close to the well known Stream Deck ... 
Oh well ... either way, it won't matter much 😉 

I, for now anyway, only run Linux as virtual machines. I am always interested in new distro's, trying to find the smallest and fastest minimum setup to compile my applications. There are a few things required (GTK/QT/Dev tools), and so far Manjaro has proven to be the one that keeps running well ... 

You have a good one too, and thanks for wishing my mom well.
Let me know when you bump into a new Linux distro of interest! 👍 

Locutus reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: