Page 1 of 1
Forum

Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!

Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.

Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!

Controlling WS2812B

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Controlling WS2812B

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@trevor_rau)
Topic starter  

Hello I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with my project. I have created a 10×10 matrix of individually separated 2812Bs and I would like to create a program or tweak a couple of preexisting programs that would allow me to have the letter E in the middle of the grid and then in the surrounding leds they would be going through random animations like rainbow, chaser, theater ect… I have downloaded the FastLed library but have no experience in programming and the language is practically Chinese to me. I figure there must be a way to manipulate the existing codes in FastLed and tweek them to have the E light up its own color. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

Hi Trevor!

Let me see if I can help (link to original comment).

So we have a 10x10 matrix, which should show one of the given effects. In the middle a clear "E" should be displayed.
When thinking about that I'm thinking of getting one of the effects and apply them to 1 strip of 10 and copy the effect to the other 9 "strips".
When having assigned the colors for the effects, I'd right after that assign the colors for the "E" effectively overwriting the colors for those LEDs.
And once that's done "apply" the colors with the "show" function.

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin

Not sure if you want the effects to go horizontally or vertically, but modifying it for that will be just a matter of rotating your matrix and writing the "E" differently 

Let's start with replicating the effect over 10 strips.
For this I recommend looking at the code for App0ll0's project. He had to replicate an effect (fire) over 2 strips.

Once you've got that modified to 10 strips of 10 LEDs, one places the "E" before calling "Show".

(I'm just helping you get started, in the hope you play with it a bit and get the hang of how to do things - ask away if you need more help)

ReplyQuote

Like what you see and you'd like to help out? 

The best way to help is of course by assisting others with their questions here in the forum, but you can also help us out in other ways:

- Do your shopping at Amazon, it will not cost you anything extra but may generate a small commission for us,
- send a cup of coffee through PayPal ($5, $10, $20, or custom amount),
- become a Patreon,
- donate BitCoin (BTC), or BitCoinCash (BCH).

Share: