Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!
Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.
Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!
April 16, 2023 6:46 PM
I have some issues with version 4.
- When choosing a Share Type in the Shares section, it says "AFP Share (Apple Share - Apple Filling Protocol)". Should be Filing (one l).
- In Library/Preferences, the .ini file is com.Tweaking4All.ConnectMeNow4.ini but the .plist file is com.Tweaking4all.ConnectMeNow4.plist (note the lowercase). The documentation has the files with consistent prefixes.
- Every time I create a share, it starts with a Custom Path for the Mount Path. I have to select System Call and then Default to correct it, even though my Application Preferences shows my Default New Share Template with System Call and Default as my options.
- The v3 config import never worked for me, but I mentioned this already in your blog.
I recreated all my shares by hand in v4 and they seem to work. Thanks for the program, it removes a shortcoming in macOS for me.
April 17, 2023 10:00 AM
Thank you for reporting! 👍
It is much appreciated.
Fixed these issue this afternoon and they will be available with the next release;
- Corrected the typos in AFP.
- "com.Tweaking4all.ConnectMeNow4.plist", this is a file generated by macOS based on a property in the Info.plist. I did find the typo there and corrected it.
- Found and fixed the bug concerning the System or Commandline mountstyle.
I still have to look some more at the v3 import.