Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!
Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.
Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!
Logitech Master MX - Won't pair Bluetooth
April 4, 2015 5:31 AM
For those who just bought a Logitech Master MX mouse and are trying to pair it with their Mac, a few notes that might help;
- Your Mac needs to run at least Yosemite (10.10.x),
- In the Bluetooth preferences remove ALL previously paired mice,
(on my 2013 MacBook Pro 13" Retina, it refused to pair without doing this),
- Unstable WiFi/Bluetooth can cause reconnect issues (known Yosemite issue),
- Not all Mac's support Bluetooth Smart which may contribute to connectivity issues.
(so far: MacBook Air mid 2011, Mac Mini late 2011, MacBook Pro mid 2012, iMac early 2013)
- Make sure the battery is properly charged,
- Choose a channel (I had success with channel 3),
- Logitech software is NOT required, nice to have though, but I prefer SteerMouse instead.
April 4, 2015 5:37 AM
Oh and if you found the round battery like magnet: it has no purpose for your mouse, it's only used to hold the flap of the cardboard packaging of your mouse ...