Page 1 of 1

Rename My TV Series 2 – Episodes not showing

Rename My TV Series 2 – Episodes not showing

Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!

Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
Examples: "MacOS X - Your question", "MS Word - Your Tip or Trick".

Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not work!
Posts will not have a translated counterpart.

RSS Feed

Home Forums Software Miscellaneous Software Rename My TV Series 2 – Episodes not showing

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Hans.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

henkyy73
    Participant

I´m using the program since a longe time – its really great. Just have one question:

How long does it take for Rename My TV Series 2 to get episodes from TVDB? On the main page of TVDB the episode S14E15 of the german tv show

Notruf Hafenkante 

is still there, but in Rename My TV Series 2 it is not showing – there is only S14E14

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hans
    Keymaster

Hi Henkyy73,

Thank you for the compliment – glad to hear you like the application.

RMTV stores downloaded data in a database, to reduce the load on TheTVDB servers.

Obviously data can get “old”, as you have noticed, so for that reason in settings you can set how “old” data is allowed to get (eg. “expires”).

Look in “Settings” under ‘Finding TV Shows”. There is an option “Cached Episodes will expire in X days”.

By default this is set to 7 days and after those 7 days RMTV will reload data from TheTVDB when you’re accessing that particular TV Show.

You can set it to “always” expire by entering the value “0”.
    However, most TV  shows are weekly, and setting it to 0 will generated an undesired traffic load for TheTVDB.

Instead of changing this value, you can click on “Force refresh” under “Episodes” list (next to the “Settings” button).

I just tried it just to make sure (had to switch to German because the show data in English is super limited it seems) and I can see the entire Season 14 (20 episodes).

Hope this helps 

henkyy73
    Participant

Great.

Perfect – with this settings Rename will show me all episodes I need :-)

Thanks for helping me.

Hans
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! Glad the issue got resolved 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.