Page 1 of 1
Forum

Welcome to the Tweaking4All community forums!
When participating, please keep the Forum Rules in mind!

Topics for particular software or systems: Start your topic link with the name of the application or system.
For example “MacOS X – Your question“, or “MS Word – Your Tip or Trick“.

Please note that switching to another language when reading a post will not bring you to the same post, in Dutch, as there is no translation for that post!

Arduino/WS2811/WS28...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Arduino/WS2811/WS2812 - Share you lighting effects and patterns here ...

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Based on a great suggestion by Cindy W, we've started this topic for folks to post their LED lightning effects. 

You can post here your code, pictures, links to youtube video's, etc.

ReplyQuote
(@firefly)

found this site in my search for effects, I won't post the code since its somebody elses work, but here are the links http://codepen.io/dougalcampbell/pen/fnjFu

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Awesome effect and very interesting find!
Thanks for taking the effort to post the links! 

However, and maybe I'm wrong, this is maybe not exactly what Cindy W had in mind - I think we're looking a functions/effects to be used straight in Arduino code (sketch). This code on the other hand, seems based on the AVR code by Danny Havenith. Even though implementation is explained, it might not be exactly what we are looking for.

But ... the code is pretty impressive and fast!

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, you asked for it .... 

I just posted an article with my LEDStrip effects ... love the fire effect with toilet paper (to diffuse the light)

ReplyQuote
 Hans
(@hans)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

If others would use the same framework as in this article, then we could all use it with the library we prefer (the effects in the article work for NeoPixel and FastLED).

ReplyQuote

(@mikewolf)

I was thinking of making a few circuit boards to make working with addressable LEDs easier and one to make a high power MEGA- PIXEL. Take a look at the video and let me know if you would be interested. Thanks

LED video

ReplyQuote

Like what you see and you'd like to help out? 

The best way to help is of course by assisting others with their questions here in the forum, but you can also help us out in other ways:

- Do your shopping at Amazon, it will not cost you anything extra but may generate a small commission for us,
- send a cup of coffee through PayPal ($5, $10, $20, or custom amount),
- become a Patreon,
- donate BitCoin (BTC), or BitCoinCash (BCH).

Share: